Maybe you made a Christmas cake and are still enjoying it… maybe you didn’t and fancy some cake… how about some banana and pineapple cake?
BANANA PINEAPPLE CAKE
- 14 oz plain flour
- 14 oz sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 6 bananas mashed
- 7½ oz oil
- 1 lb tin of crushed pineapple (keep aside just a lit for decoration)
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- mix flour,sugar, salt and baking powder then make a well in the centre
- mix the eggs, bananas, oil, pineapple and vanilla
- mix wet and dry ingredients and beat until well blended
- pour into a greased and floured ring/bundt tin
- bake at 350º F, 180C º, gas mark 4, for 65-70 minutes or until done
- cool in the tin for 15 mins
- turn out and cool on a wire rack.
- glaze with syrup made from pineapple juice and sugar
- decorate with the reserved pineapple
I haven’t any pictures of pineapple or banana so I’m sharing with a cornflower!